Yellowstone National Park - Entrance Fees

Yellowstone National Park

Entrance Fees in Yellowstone:

The entrance fee is $20 for a private, noncommercial vehicle; $15 for each snowmobile or motorcycle; or $10 for each visitor over 16 years of age entering by foot, bike, ski, etc. This fee provides the visitor with a 7-day entrance permit for both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Remember to keep your admission receipt in order to re-enter the parks. Snowmobile operators must posess a valid motor vehicle operator's license.

Advance reservations are not needed to enter the park. Annual Area, Golden Access, Golden Age, and Golden Eagle Passports are possible alternatives to the above fees.

Annual Area Pass

A $40 annual pass for Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks is available. It is valid one year from date of purchase.

National Parks Pass

A $50 annual pass for all National Park Units that charge entrance fees.

Golden Access Passport

This lifetime passport is available to citizens or permanent residents of the United States, regardless of age, who have been medically determined to be blind or permanently disabled. The passport must be obtained in person and is available at any federal area where an entrance fee is charged. Proof of medically determined blindness or permanent disability and eligibility for receiving benefits under federal law must be shown. The passport admits the holder and any accompanying passengers in a private, noncommercial vehicle to national parks and provides a 50% discount on camping and some other fees. When entry is not by private vehicle, the passport admits the passholder, spouse, and children. The passport is free of charge.

Golden Age Passport

This lifetime passport is for U.S. citizens or permanent residents 62 years of age or older. A one-time fee of $10 is charged. The passport must be obtained in person and is available at any federal area where an entrance fee is charged. The passport admits the holder and accompanying passengers in a private, noncommercial vehicle to national parks and provides a 50% discount on camping and some other fees. When entry is not by private vehicle, the passport admits the passholder, spouse, and children.

Golden Eagle Passport

This $75 passport is valid for one year from the date of purchase. The passport may be purchased at any federal area where an entrance fee is charged. It allows the permit holder and any accompanying passengers in a private, noncommercial vehicle to enter all federal parks that charge entrance fees. When entry is not by private vehicle, the passport admits the passholder, spouse, and children.

Commercial Visitors

Commercial bus tours are subject to a separate fee schedule based upon the seating capacity of the bus.

Seating Capacity Fee
Sedan 1-6 passengers $25, plus $10 a person
Van 7-15 passengers $125 (no per person fee)
Minibus 16-25 passengers $200 (no per person fee)
Motorcoach 26 or more passengers $300 (no per person fee)

Yellowstone and Grand Teton are two of 100 National Park Service units selected to participate in the Congressionally authorized Recreation Fee Demonstration Program. Under this program, parks keep 80% of all fees collected; the remaining 20% will be deposited in a special account to be used in parks where fees are not collected. The additional funds generated by the fee increases will be used to accomplish projects the parks have been unable to fund through yearly Congressional allocations. Some of the projects expected to be funded include the protection of the parks' road investment through overlays, patching, chipseal, drainage, and erosion control; enhancement of accessibility for the physically challenged to park resources and buildings; increased monitoring and mitigation activities for park resources; upgrading of park campgrounds and amphitheaters; rehabilitation of park structures; and repair of failing elements in utility systems parkwide. Funded projects will increase the quality of the visitor experience and enhance the protection of park resources.

* Information on this page provided by the NPS.

Home Reservations Weather

Copyright © 2004 Travel Services, LLC

All Rights Reserved.